award by William, who writes such lovely socially conscious poetry. You all know how much I appreciate anything that draws attention to the suffering of others and William’s words are meaningful and have impact. Visit this wonderful writer blogger and you will see what I mean.
Now, The seven things no one knows about me.
1. I was on a wanted poster on the wall of fame/shame in Walmart for fleeing a dangerous and intolerable situation in a foreign country. The Hague Convention is corrupt. I won. Nuff said. 🙂
2. I’ve been on television four times at different intervals in my life.
3. I love cats, tigers, lions, cougars, lynx, my cat Sparkey etc. I LOVE cats.
4. I’ve nearly drown three times.
5. I’ve chipped a tooth, broken my collar bone, broken my finger, broken my toe and broken my nose, all in childhood.
6. I love astronomy and especially anything to do with supernovas.
7. I don’t smoke or drink alcohol. I used to but I stopped when I turned thirty and decided to grow up.
Okay, seven bloggers. Well I don’t have quite seven but I will do my best. Actually, this fits in with something I’ve wanted to do anyway. There are some bloggers I’ve recently discovered and it helps me share them with you.
1. opoetoo is a very cool find. His poetry is deep and different. He has a very intelligent poetic perspective and he is quirky and very original. You will love his stuff.
2. poettraveller is into anything with words as the substance. He is a very introspective writer who is so varied in his subject matter that there is something verbally tasty for every reader. He is also a great lover of rhyme and he is not afraid to show it dammit! lol This is why I am addicted to reading his work. It is Grade A stuff, people.
3. Dr. B, is for you if you love bluegrass, the wisdom in simplicity, a good yarn that is based in some common sense truth and a trip to a better place in a happier era. I adore him. Yes, he is really a doctor, yes he plays bluegrass and yes he has written a book. He is overflowing with some wonderful tales so take your tail over there and read this man who is bluegrass cool.
4. kseverny is a chef, he plays guitar, he writes poetry and he is damn funny on top of all that. He is indescribable, so you know you just have to go there and see for yourself. Utterly cutting edge type of artist and an original.
5. hiddenamongroots is an artist. No, he’s not just an artist, he is a wonderful artist who creates work that still has me slinking away in total shame to doodle my silly cartoons. This man is the real deal and if you are at all ( and I know you are) affected by the work of a visual artist, then you MUST see his stuff. There is this one drawing that still has me captivated but if you want to see it you have to go and look! 🙂
Okay, I’m out of people. I’ve shown my award love before you see and now I’ve given it all away. 🙂